Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Pink Sapphires and Kunzite Necklace Remake

At a recent visit to the bead store I saw a strand of tiny tiny pink sapphires and these pale pink kunzite rectangles. I had to have both. I really wanted to make a long necklace of sapphires with kunzite beads evenly spaced. Like this: 
I was so happy when I completed this because it was a labor of love. But wait, when I put it on, I just didn't like the portions of the sizes of the two stones and the way the kunzite was too heavy and made everything hang weirdly. 
I moved the stones around and tried to make it work but nothing I did made this my "goto" piece. So, not letting all this wire wrapping go to waste, I turned it into two separate pieces. 

This one, I posted on Etsy and it sold pretty fast. 

The other one, I added baroque shaped salt water pearls and wear all the time. Yay. A success story! 

Ps. Photos taken in Hawaii just come out better. 

Btw, the rest of the kunzite was used to make this. 



No comments:

Post a Comment