Thursday, January 15, 2015

Beauties at the Bead Store

Today, I went to get 14 gauge wire to make some rings. I like these stack rings to make and give as gifts and I thought I'd buy the materials and prep everything and save the soldering for when I go visit open studio time at Silver Works at Glen Echo Park. 

While I was there, I visited with the beads in the case. Amazing. 

Check out these chrome diopside I didn't buy. 
These were stunning. As were these bessonite (a type garnet) 


The case. It has such fancy things, makes me want to drool. 

But wait. They had some other cool things today. 

I didn't get these either....
Rough green garnets. Big and chunky. I thought about 24 gauge gold wire or oxidized black wire...but I put them back. 

These caught my eye too. 
More green garnet, smooth and tubular. Could be macrame, crochet? 

These carnelian were cute 
But not exactly what I was looking for. Though looking at the photo now, I kinda want. 

These pearls I photographed because they are dark and baroque. Always good to have but again, I refrained. 
And finally, they had these lovely round faceted iolites. Not something I had seen before. They look black here but they are a pretty blue. 
A lovely trip to the bead store. 
Accent beads in Rockville. Such a happy place. 



No comments:

Post a Comment