Saturday, January 10, 2015

Rough Black Diamonds go from Earrings to Necklace in Redesign

Before and afters are so fun. Especially the photos. I have a hard time leaving my jewelry alone. If I have a piece that doesn't sell at a show or two, or I notice I'm not wearing at all, I start to change it up. Here are a few of such things.

1. The rough black diamond earrings.
I had a beautiful strand of sparkly black rough diamonds. I made them into hoops but I never ever wore them. 

So I turned it into a necklace. 
Which do you like better? I love the pink topaz with this dark and yet very sparkly chain. 

2. Next is this necklace I made as one of my first projects. Just labs and moonstones on a silver chain. 
It was classic, simple, and not selling. I added pearls and iolites for more variety and made the sections bigger. 


Finally I decided I didn't like the chain so I removed that and it ended up looking like this and was given as a gift. 






No comments:

Post a Comment