Tuesday, January 6, 2015

A DIY Pearl Ring -- Easy Wire wrapped Pearl ring

A simple pearl ring can be worn with pretty much everything. Make one, make three. Different sizes, different stones, stack them for the current trendy look. 

How to make this ring:
Materials--
28 gauge wire (I used gold fill but any kind will do) about 2 feet 
A bead with a large hole (I used a pearl)

First I took the pearl and strung the wire through multiple times like so. 

I wrapped the wire through four times. 


I slipped the ring off of the plastic ring sizer. I started wrapping the long wire around and around. 


More wrapping -- I used my nails to tighten the coils along the way. 


Until I went completely around. Then viola! 

This was my very first "how to" post. I think I need to take photos more frequently during the process. I hope it was interesting none the less. 

You can also use 26 gauge wire, as long as it goes through the bead at least twice, maybe three times. 

Ring in the New Year with some Ring making!  (Couldn't help myself... I love a good, or terrible, word play)



No comments:

Post a Comment