Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Jade Straight from China

When my husband travels internationally he always buys us (me and the boys) gifts. For me, he seeks out the local gemstone in a beaded form. Yay!!! So off to China he went and he came home with bags and bags of Jade. 

These rich blue green grey stones are kinda big so I thought to make a statement necklace. I simply strung them on a stringing wire with some tear shaped pearls and closed with crimps. 

Sometimes I should just leave my creations alone. In this case, I thought I'd upgrade the stringing to silk and knot it in between. Sadly, after I started the project, I realized the string would not fit through the pearls. The end product came out much simpler than intended. I think I will remake it again on the stringing wire and put back the pearls. 

At least I learned a valuable lesson. Test out the hole size first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment