Thursday, April 16, 2015

One necklace recycled, upcycled, modernized into multiple pieces


I am still very close friends with my freshman year roommate from college. When we say this, many people raise an eye brow. I assume this means that many are not still in contact with that person they shared a dorm room with the nerve wracking first year of college.

Noelle and I are still besties and she is one of my biggest supporters. As is her mom.  Here is a photo of a necklace that her mom used to wear a lot but then became tired of.  She sent it along to me so that I could re-use the beads for other projects.

I smelled a challenge :)
I decided to re use all of these beads and create new pieces but trying to use only the beads available (and adding when necessary.)

So here is the before:


And here are the afters:




Here is the complete collection.


I still have two beads left that I wanted to make rings out of but ran out of steam.
I sent all of these to Noelle as a surprise and happily enough, they are all going to find new homes this Mother's Day.  

What a great feeling that not one bead was wasted!





No comments:

Post a Comment