Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Tis a gift to be simple...

We sang this song in chorus at my elementary school. Then, Yo Yo Ma played it on the cello at the Obama swearing in. So random that I remember this from 4th grade. Anyway....

A friend of mine graduated from high school recently so I wanted to make a present. I heard she liked blue so....
I wire wraped a blue Quartz with small faceted aquamarines on either side. There were many trial and errors with laboratories, pearls, silver beads etc but in the end, I settled on the dark blue and pale blue theme. I could have left it simple but I couldn't resist a little sassify-ing. I also felt like this was something she could get anywhere. 

I played around with embellishments. 

I thought about cutting the chain and adding a few gemstones on both sides. I thought about adding more briolettes. Then I found my kyanite stash. Perfect color match. 

The final product......


Pretty, original, and unique. Just like the recipient herself :). Congrats on graduating!

Thoughts? Should I have left the embellishments off? Let me know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment